The Percussion Specialist Academy at the Music for All’s Summer Symposium, happening June 26 – July 1, offers a great opportunity for some world-class percussion instruction and insight. Whether you’re a beginning instructor or a veteran who likes to stay current, this is a great chance to meet and interact with other instructors and professionals from across the country and exchange ideas on how to run your program.
This year’s faculty is a who’s-who of percussion experts, and they’ll be covering a wide variety of topics.
- Branding your program
- Ethics and professional development
- The RIGHT gear
- Starting a successful winter program
- Sampling 101
- The concert percussion secret
- De-mystifying the Yamaha 01V
- Hand drumming
- The digital audio workstation
- The history of percussion and essential literature
- Creating sponsorship opportunities
- Indoor and outdoor staging
- Preventative medicine for the drummer in you
- Winter percussion design and orchestration
- Essential composition techniques for outdoor
- “Mic”ing made easy
- The fundamentals of running sound, EQ and other essential plug-ins
The event is coming up quick, so go here to learn more and register for the academy.