Deadline: October 15, 2016
Directors – We want to make sure you’re aware of this great opportunity for your most outstanding young percussionists. The experience of being involved in the All-State Percussion Ensemble is very rewarding in itself, but also comes with the added bonus of working with world-class performer, educator and featured guest, Casey Cangelosi. Here are details for the audition process and performance at IMEA, along with information on Casey Cangelosi. Please share this with any outstanding high school percussionist that may be interested in this fantastic opportunity.
2017 Indiana All-State Percussion Ensemble
Grand Wayne Convention Center, Fort Wayne
January 12-14, 2017
Featured Clinician: Casey Cangelosi
IMEA, in partnership with the Percussive Arts Society and Indiana Percussion Association is pleased to present this fantastic opportunity for your percussion students!
Participating students will have the opportunity to explore different genres of percussion ensemble music led by regional clinicians and featured guest Casey Cangelosi.
Activities will begin on Thursday, January 12 at 1:00 PM and conclude on Saturday, January 14 by 5:00 PM.
Eligibility: Students in Grades 9-12 residing in Indiana or neighboring states are eligible to apply.
Application materials: Available at the following website
Applicants will make use of the online interface to submit audio or video recordings of 1-2 minute excepts from at least 2 of the following categories:
- Four mallet keyboard percussion
- Two-mallet keyboard percussion
- Drum Set / Multiple Percussion
1. Submit recordings that showcase your strengths in the given category.
2. Use excerpts of pieces on the ISSMA Group I Solo list (or similar works) if possible.
3. Individual selections should NOT be edited or spliced, but rather performed continuously. Adjudicators are more interested in hearing an honest performance than a flawless one.
4. Attention should be given to the quality of the recording. Soloists should be more prominent than the accompaniment (if used), and the site of the recording should be as soundproof as possible.
5. Applicants are encourage to have their instructors and/or directors review their recordings before submission.
1. Acceptd LLC will be administering the online application. The final step of the application includes a $20 application fee, paid by credit or debit card. IMEA will not receive this money.
2. Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and receipt.
3. Evaluation proceedings are confidential and final.
4. Alternates will be selected and used to fill positions as needed.
5. Application Period: June 21, 2016 – October 15, 2016.
Questions should be directed to Dr. Marc Wooldridge / Indiana All-State Percussion Ensemble Chair / email@example.com / (765) 677-2038
More information on Casey Cangelosi:
Percussionist and Composer, Casey Cangelosi is the Director of Percussion Studies at James Madison University. He is commonly hosted world-wide by educational institutions, music festivals, and educational seminars. Casey has been a visiting guest artist in Italy, Germany, Costa Rica, Mexico, Argentina, Croatia, Sweden, Taiwan, and widely across the U.S. at events including the The Midwest Clinic and PASIC Showcase Concerts. Casey is a regularly commissioned composer and from the percussion community called the “Paganini of Percussion” and “The voice of a new generation”.
Casey is sponsored by Majestic, Mapex, Innovative Percussion, Zildjian, Grover Pro Percussion, Remo, and Beiner Bags.